Providing Ideal Strength & Flexibility To Construction Industry, With Our MS TMT Rebars, Corrosion Resistance TMT Rebars and Industrial TMT Rebars.
About Us-Our Story
We, Shyam Steel Manufacturing Limited are regarded as the leading manufacturer of TMT bars in Indian markets. Working since 1953, we have emerged as the pioneer in steel production by consistently presenting superior quality of safe & sustainable steel products. The widely recalled assortment includes MS TMT Rebars, Corrosion Resistance TMT Rebars and Industrial TMT Rebars. These premium grade materials have huge demands in the market for their properties like earthquake-proof and corrosion-resistant. For years, we have been supporting various infrastructural segments for urban development & irrigation as our products have demands and uses in projects for rail, roads, ports, bridges, airports, energy and defense.
With a dream of creating a legacy in the manufacturing industry, our founder, Sri Shriman Beriwal laid the foundation of Shyam Steel as a small factory in Howrah. His brother Shyam Sunder Beriwala later joined the company and their contributed leadership pushed our enterprise to national levels of success. Serving in the industry for around seven decades, we have become an INR 30 billion group through our work of sheer innovation, dedication and excellence.
Why Shyam Steel?
Coming through humble beginnings in 1953, we have become a trusted brand of TMT Bars in Indian industry. We have delivered many major industrial and governmental projects over the years. The main factors that attract most customers to us are:
- Our expertise in production of top quality TMT bars.
- Our capacity to meet even special or bulk requirements on time.
- Our affordable prices and profitable business deals.
The steel industry across the world is worth about $900 billion per year. India holds third position among Top 20 steel producing countries with production of 95.6 million tons steel per year. We are a proficient contributor in the success of our nation in our respective sectors. We are serving from businesses to consumers nationwide with our qualitative range of Corrosion Resistance TMT Rebars, MS TMT Rebars and Industrial TMT Rebars. While living in a high seismic zone, we are providing the best quality of TMT bars that are not only very strong but also flexible to customers across India. We provide material that suits best to the project requirements after studying the geographic nature of respective plot.
Our steel manufacturing plants based in West Bengal are equipped with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities including DRI Unit, Continuous Billet Casting Mill, EAF, high-speed Rolling Mill, microprocessor-based product technologies, etc. We also have fully-equipped testing & quality assurance laboratories that allow us to pull out the finest quality of products suitable for all kinds of construction purposes.
Our Durgapur Unit is an automated integrated steel plant facilitated with DRI Unit, Steel Melting Shop Equipped with Electric Arc Furnace, Continuous Billet Casting Unit and Rolling Mill with Thermex System. It has been set up collaboratively with globally renowned companies in domain including Concast AG-Zurich and HSE Germany.
Being a quality obsessed firm, we have never compromised on quality of even a single item including Industrial TMT Rebars, MS TMT Rebars and Corrosion Resistance TMT Rebars. We follow strict quality mandates in order to maintain effective quality control from conception to completion of orders. For absolute quality control, we put major emphasis on:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Manufacturing Excellence
- Employee Contentment
- Organizational Performance
- Social Responsibility
Our quality lab is facilitated with advanced equipment like Spectrometer, 100KV Universal Testing Machine, Microscope and Hardness Testing machine along with various necessary devices. Through this, we evaluate the quality of products from various angles during different production stages. We are TUV certified which provide only quality approved products from our end. All the items are passed through four main quality management levels including Inspection, Control, Assurance and Total Quality Management (TQM).
The inspection process is divided into 2 which includes Purpose & Scope. The Purpose includes conducting inspection, identification, testing and traceability of materials & products as per IS specifications and requirements of customers. Whereas, the Scope covers the same for products from receipt stage, during production and final inspection till dispatch. The quality procedures further include:
- Direct Reduced Iron Unit (D.R.I.): The material is tested for their Fe content and chemical composition at DRI Plant and only confirmed material is sent to SMS Plant.
- Steel Melting Shop (SMS): The material is melted at 1800C in an Electric Arc Furnace. Our experts check the hot molten metal for its chemical composition. As per required composition, various ferroalloys are added.
- Continuous Casting Machine (CCM): The produced billets are first visually inspected for their surface conditions. Then they are tested for their chemical composition. After assurance, the billets are sent to Rolling Mill with the proper batch number.
- Rolling Mill: The processing of billets into required products is done during which various inspections are also done for dimensional & physical properties.
Our Valued Customers
We have grown to become a reliable & trusted partner for customers to avail the right quantity & quality of material at right prices. A large number of companies in the infrastructure sector have associated with us over the decades. The list of our esteemed customers includes Paharpur, HCC, Gammon, Tecton, LT, Vatech, OSE, KMC, Monte Carlo, Ashoka, Reliance, GVK, SEW, Gayatri and many more.
Our Major Projects
Being a leading TMT Bar manufacturer in India, we have completed various major projects as per the ISO & OHSAS quality certifications. Our offered Industrial TMT Rebars, Corrosion Resistance TMT Rebars bar and MS TMT Rebars are being used in infrastructural projects for Nuclear Plant, Indian Railways, Thermal & Hydel Power, Sea Ports, Metro Railways, Refinery plants, etc.
- Nivedita Setu
- Haldia Petrochemicals
- Kolkata metro Railways
- Sagardighi Thermal Power Station
- City Centre, Haldia
- Paradip Refinery
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hydreabad
- Kempegowda International Airport, Bangalore
- Ranchi Sports Complex
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram Thermal Power Plant
- Delhi Metro
- Rajasthan Atomic Power Station (RAPS) & more
Major Government Approvals
We have been a major contributor to various important government projects. Some of our major governmental approvals include APGENCO, Metro, Bangalore Development Authority, KRDCL, CIDCO, Military Engineer Services, Indian Oil, MPRDC and NHAI.
- Transmission & Distribution: With a strong engineering and project management team, we are growing in the transmission & distribution business.
- Shyamsree Infra: We are boosting the Indian economy by being a responsible part of the infrastructure industry.
- Shyam Future Tech: India is the biggest sourcing destination for the IT sector worldwide. Our team of experienced tech professionals is a resourceful part in our respective domain.
- Shyamsree Mineral Resources: Indian mining industry plays a major role in Asian & Global economy and, we are contributing to it in a valuable project, Make In India with JA Engineering.
- Shyamsree Agro Comodities: We are supporting and serving customers in the agro sector for better and faster agricultural production, organically.
- Shyamsree Food Processing: Our management with the vision of diversification into other areas as well ventured into new investment proposals and entered in the FMCG sector.
We are helping and pushing communities to grow through our corporate social responsibilities, CSR activities for creating an impact socially, economically and environmentally. In CSR campaigns, we put considerable priority to education, hunger, gender equality, poverty and environment. By focusing on sustainable community development, we are maintaining harmony in the development of industries & societies. Our sustainable social development projects are effective socio-economic, health and education initiatives. Previously, for CSR initiatives, we started Beriwala Seva Trust. In the years 2017 & 2018, we have spent INR 12.98 Millions and INR 7.58 Million, respectively to run various CSR activities. Some of our CSR ventures are:
- Development of Children Area: In 2018, we developed a park for children, the Vivekananda Bayam Samiti at Behrampore, West Bengal, as a gift for all the children of the locality.
- Sanitary Pad Distribution: In 2019, we took initiative to distribute free sanitary pads to the women of Bankdaha village of Bankura district, West Bengal.
- Blood Donation Camp: In 2018, we organized a blood donation camp at our premises at Jemua Mouza, Mejia Block, Bankura. It was done in collaboration with Bankura Sammilani Medical College & Hospital.
- Flood Relief Camp: In 2017, when Bengal witnessed some of the worst calamities in years by heavy floods, we came forward with aids and reliefs for the people of the flood-hit areas. We helped them by distributing clothes, food, medicines, plastic sheets, water bottles, etc.
- Fan Distribution through School Development Programme: In 2018, we held a fan distribution program in the Purba & Paschim Medinipur districts of West Bengal.
- Mobile Health Care Unit: We took this initiative to support people in even the remotest areas with mobile healthcare to reach the unreached and provide healthcare at doorsteps.
- Cleaner City Initiative: Swachh Bharat Mission or Cleaner India is an initiative in which we are a responsible contributor. We installed waste bins in and around Salt Lake to keep our city clean.
- Relief to the Cyclone Yaas affected in West Bengal: After the disaster of cyclone Yaas, we lent a helping hand to more than 4000 affected families by providing food and essentials.
- Food & Essential Distribution during Covid-19 Pandemic: We distributed food, essential items & groceries to needy people nationwide during the Covid pandemic times.
- Happiness Drive: It is an initiative by us to spread happiness among needy children in various schools, orphanages & remote places by providing them various goodies that make them happy.